A roster of the G-100-4 class gondolas is provided as follows:
SP 341001-341045 (rebuilt to SP 341336-341375?)
These 21'-0" copper concentrate gondolas were built by B-L-H in 1961-62 in two batches and featured 1470 ft3 capacity. It has been suggested that around 40 of these cars were rebuilt and renumbered as above ca. 1977. They may have even carried class designation G-100-4R. This is circumstancial evidence, but seems plausable.
Photo by: Henry O'Connor
Back to Gondola Page
Back to Main Page