DRGW 50000-50449


	DRGW 50000-50449	


These 41' gondolas were built by Mt. Vernon in 1943. They were ordered by the Defense Plant Corp to handle traffic to/from Geneva Steel and were allocated to the Rio Grande. After the war they were shipped north to the Alaska Railroad in 1947. Sunshine Models once produced a resin kit of these cars, kit no. 67.14.

 

Photo from: Anchorage Museum of History and Art col.

 

D&RGW:

DRGW 50056

Anchorage Museum of History and Art col.

 

Back to D&RGW Freight Cars Page

Back to Main Page